BY BECOMING A MEMBER OF THE ACVO YOU RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS: (To become a member of the ACVO you must be a board certified ophthalmologist. For more information see Education - Becoming a board certified veterinary ophthalmologist)
1. Receive a free online subscription to the journal of Veterinary Ophthalmology each year ($160 value).
2. Receive meeting registration discounts ($140 value) and priority registration for limited wet labs.
3. Complimentary access to online recorded presentations from the conference; 2011-current ($210 annual value).
We will also provide you with complimentary access codes to provide to your referring DVMs, to view the General Practitioners' courses from the annual conferences (learn more).This will work to help strengthen your referral relationships with GP partners. Please contact the office for a sample letter to provide your referring DVMs.
4. Consistent membership will waive future Maintenance of Certification fees for Diplomates boarded in 2015 and later ($2,500 value!).
5.New! Ability to participate in the Carrer Fair as a table-host at the annual ACVO Conference, non-members cannot host.
6. Included in referral section of ACVO web site. (We receive over 6,000 hits to this area of the site each month.)
7. Participation in the new vendor bulk buying program for medications, save your clinic thousands per year (to be launched early 2016).
. Opportunity to participate in the Service Animal event, thus gaining from promotion of the event. Benefit from AVMA and NAVC booth promotion of specialty and Service Animal event. Use booth and promotional materials in your state.
9. Receive license renewal support if needed. Our office can assist you if audited or challenged on our CE.
10. Access to the ACVO list serve.
11. Gain permission for extended trademark use of all relevant ACVO trademarks.
12. Receive a 25% discount from Wiley-Blackwell on all Wiley book titles until further notice.
13. Keep up to date with 'The View', the College’s e-newsletter five times per year with
informative and timely information concerning your profession.
14. Opportunity to present at General Practitioners' course at annual conference.
15. Access to the online Member-only database allows you access to up to date information all year to more easily keep in touch with your colleagues.
16. Access the ACVO web site and secure members’ only area 24 hours per day for meeting information, classified ads, colleagues’ contact information, searchable members’ database, dues information, registration forms, etc.
17. Obtain the following items/services at a reduced cost:
•Printed copy of the VO journal beginning 2017 ($85/year).
•Permission to place unlimited complimentary classified advertisements on the web site and in the e-newsletter ($95 value per ad).
• 35 years history of proceedings on a searchable DVD.
• Online access to printable ophthalmology brochures for
your clinic (FREE).
• Cataract videos, posters and materials.
• Mailing labels of Diplomates and residents (FREE).
18. Receive an annual, printed directory of your colleagues in which your contact information will be printed,allowing for more referral opportunities and you have access to a members-only directory online. A vendor referral guide is included.
19. Enjoy voting rights in the College and can help steer its programs and outcomes.
20. Receive representation at ABVS and to AVMA.
21. Opportunity to serve as a volunteer—committee member or board member to assist others in your profession.
22. Receive promotion on ACVO.org to public and colleagues for referrals.
23. You are provided with many opportunities to contact preferred vendors and new ophthalmology products at the annual conference and via advertisements in the e-newsletter and directory. A vendor directory is also supplied in the member directory for your convenience.
Opportunity to receive complimentary subscription gift for veterinary student at your facility.
25. YOU help to strengthen the prestige of your profession in the eyes of the public and each other by supporting the College, its educational programs and new Diplomates.
26. New! Receive complimentary access/download of the digital proceedings book for a limited time after the conference.
27. New! Residents who have a mentor that is a current member of the ACVO will receive complimentary access to the VO Journal!
. New! You can order these Eye-Chart note pads for your office (select fees and sizes).
Instructions to order:
Click " Customer Login" located at the bottom of the page.
User name: ACVO / Password: ACVOpad1 On the menu bar to the left, click on "Document Library".
There you can choose the quantity of each style of pad.
Click "Add Item(s) to Cart".
There you have the option to adjust your shopping cart and/or purchase.
29.New! ISVO Membership for paying ACVO Members, access to the international community and their internationsal publication, "The Globe".